You are here
Ethical code of civil servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan
On measures to further improve ethical standards and rules of conduct for civil servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 153 of December 29, 2015
In order to increase the requirements for the moral and moral image and business qualities of civil servants, I DECREE:
1. To approve the attached:
1) The Ethical Code of Civil Servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Rules of Service Ethics of Civil Servants);
2) Regulation on the Commissioner for Ethics.
2. To recognize as invalid some decrees of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the appendix to this Edict.
3. This Decree is effective from January 1, 2016 and is subject to official publication.
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev
Decree of the President of the Republic
of Kazakhstan of December 29, 2015 No. 153
Ethical code of civil servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan
(Rules of Service Ethics for Civil Servants)
1. General Provisions
1. Carrying out the civil service is an expression of special trust on the part of society and the state and makes high demands on the moral and ethical appearance of civil servants.
The society expects that civil servants will invest all their forces, knowledge and experience in their professional activities, serve their homeland - the Republic of Kazakhstan impartially and honestly.
Civil servants in their activities should be committed to the policy of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - the Leader of the Nursultan Nazarbayev Nation and consistently implement it.
2. This Ethical Code of Civil Servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Rules of Service Ethics of Civil Servants) (hereinafter - the Code) in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 23, 2015 "On Public Service of the Republic of Kazakhstan" dated November 18, 2015 " On Counteracting Corruption ", the generally accepted moral and ethical standards establishes the basic requirements for the moral and ethical appearance of civil servants, as well as the basic standards of their conduct.
The Code is aimed at strengthening public confidence in state bodies, forming a high culture of relations in the civil service and preventing cases of unethical behavior of civil servants.
3. Heads of state bodies, in central executive bodies - responsible secretaries of central executive bodies or officials, who in the prescribed manner are entrusted with the powers of responsible secretaries of central executive bodies, and in cases of absence of responsible secretaries of central executive bodies or the said officials - heads of central executive Bodies ensure the fulfillment of the requirements of this Code, the placement of the text of this Code sa in the buildings of state bodies in places accessible for public viewing.
4. A civil servant shall be informed in writing of the text of this Code within three days after entering the civil service.
2. General standards of conduct
5. Civil servants must:
1) to contribute to strengthening the unity of the people of Kazakhstan and interethnic harmony in the country, to respectfully respect the state and other languages, traditions and customs of the people of Kazakhstan;
2) be honest, fair, modest, respect the generally accepted moral and ethical standards, treat citizens and colleagues with courtesy and correctness;
3) ensure the legality and fairness of the decisions they make;
4) ensure transparency in the adoption of decisions affecting the rights and legitimate interests of individuals and legal entities;
5) to resist actions that damage the interests of the state, hinder or reduce the effectiveness of public authorities;
6) increase their professional level and qualifications for effective performance of official duties, comply with the restrictions and prohibitions established by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
7) by their actions and behavior, do not give rise to criticism from the public, not to be persecuted for criticism, to use constructive criticism to eliminate shortcomings and improve their activities;
8) not use the official position to influence the activities of state bodies, organizations, civil servants and other persons when solving personal issues;
9) not disseminate information that does not correspond to reality;
10) to ensure the preservation of state property, rationally, efficiently and only for official purposes to use entrusted state property, including motor vehicles;
11) strictly observe the official discipline, conscientiously, impartially and qualitatively fulfill their official duties, rationally and effectively use the working time;
12) on an ongoing basis take measures to improve the quality of public services provided, fully focusing on the needs of the public as a consumer of public services;
13) not allow the commission of misdemeanors and other offenses for which disciplinary, administrative or criminal liability is provided by law.
14) observe business etiquette and rules of official conduct.
The appearance of a civil servant in the performance of his official duties should contribute to strengthening the authority of the state apparatus, to conform to the generally accepted business style, which is distinguished by officiality, restraint and accuracy.
6. Civil servants should not use their official position and related opportunities in the interests of public and religious associations, other non-profit organizations, including for propaganda of their attitude towards them.
Civil servants, including those in senior positions, can not openly demonstrate their religious beliefs in the team, force subordinate employees to participate in the activities of public and religious associations, other non-profit organizations.
3. Standards of conduct during off-duty hours
7. Government employees during off-duty hours should:
1) adhere to the generally accepted moral and ethical norms, not to allow cases of antisocial behavior, including being in public places in a state of intoxication, offending human dignity and public morality;
2) to show modesty, not to emphasize and not use his official position when receiving the relevant services;
3) not to allow on its part violations of the requirements of legislation involving violations of public morality, order and security, and not involve other citizens in committing unlawful, antisocial actions.
4. Standards of conduct in service relations
8. Civil servants in official relations with colleagues should:
1) to promote the establishment and strengthening in the team of business and benevolent relationships and constructive cooperation;
2) to prevent or take other measures to prevent violations of standards of professional ethics from other public servants;
3) refrain from discussing the personal and professional qualities of colleagues defaming their honor and dignity in the team;
4) do not allow actions (inaction) that prevent colleagues from fulfilling their official duties.
9. Managers in relations with subordinate employees must:
1) by his conduct serve as an example of impartiality, justice, disinterestedness, respect for the honor and dignity of the individual;
2) to ensure the observance of the principles of meritocracy, when dealing with personnel matters, not to give preferences on the grounds of kinship, association and personal loyalty;
3) to exercise fairness and objectivity in evaluating the results of their activities, as well as applying incentives and penalties;
4) take measures aimed at the protection of labor, health, the creation of safe and necessary conditions for effective work, and the creation of a favorable moral and psychological atmosphere that excludes any form of discrimination and attacks on the honor and dignity of employees;
5) not use the official position to influence their activities when resolving issues of an unofficial nature;
6) do not force to commit unlawful acts, as well as acts incompatible with generally accepted moral and ethical standards;
7) not to allow unfounded accusations, facts of rudeness, humiliation of dignity, tactlessness and incorrect behavior in relation to them.
10. Civil servants holding inferior posts should:
1) when executing instructions from managers to provide only objective and reliable information;
2) immediately inform the management and the ethics commissioner of the cases that have become known to them of violations of the norms of professional ethics and disciplinary misconduct that discredit the public service;
3) do not allow actions (inaction) preventing the execution of legitimate orders of the head;
4) not allow for the management of manifestations of personal devotion, the desire to obtain benefits and benefits at the expense of their official capabilities.
5. Standards of conduct related to public speaking,
Including in the mass media
11. Public statements on the activities of a state body are carried out by its head or authorized officials of the state body.
Civil servants should conduct discussions in the correct form, without undermining the authority of the civil service.
12. Civil servants should not publicly express their opinion on issues of public policy and performance if it:
1) does not correspond to the main directions of state policy;
2) disclose official information that is not permitted for publication;
3) contains unethical statements against state officials, government bodies, and other state employees.
13. Publication by public servants on behalf of the state body on issues not related to the conduct of public policy, the activities of the state body and civil servants is prohibited. Publication of materials on pedagogical, scientific and other creative activities can be carried out by a civil servant only on his own behalf as a private person.
14. When presenting an unjustified public accusation of corruption to a civil servant, he must take measures to refute him within a month from the date of the discovery of such an accusation.
2019 жылдың 30 қыркүйегінде Нұр-Сұлтан, Алматы, Шымкент және 14 облыс әкімдіктері бизнес – қауымдастық алдында бақылау – қадағалау органдарының» бірыңғай «Есеп беру күнін» өткізеді
2019 жылғы 19 маусымда Қазақстан Республикасының Ұлттық экономика министрі Руслан Дәленовтің халыққа есеп беру кездесуі болады